私は15年以上にわたってゲーム業界に携わってきましたが、ナイアンティックへ入社する以前には世界中のゲーム開発コミュニティの支援に8年ほど携わり、コミュニティの管理や制作運用、そしてイベントの実施といったことを担ってきました。「Girl Geek Dinners」や「Global Game Jam」といった世界規模の構想にボランティアとして参加しましたし、米国北東部では技術イベントやゲームイベントを主催し、米国内や欧州地域でコミュニティとメンターシップの重要性や利点について講演し女性が技術分野やゲーム業界へ参入する後押しをすることに多くの時間を費やしてきました。
ティアアドベンチャーにおける私の正式投稿として、サンディエゴでエンライテンド・エージェントのTMoneyistheOne と Tonalite に出会い、バナー作成に付き合ってくれたことに感謝いたします。改めて写真技術向上に取り組もうと決意致しました。二人とはイングレスやハイキング、ハリーポッターや地勢、ラフティングなど様々なことを語り合うことができました。
Welcome Community Specialist @NianticThia
We're very excited to introduce the newest member of the Ingress Team, @NianticThia. An explorer at heart, Thia has more than a decade's experience building and managing communities. She's a passionate Agent, First Saturday event organizer, and is committed to being both a bridge and champion for the global Agent community and our team. Please give Thia a warm welcome here in the forum or on COMM by tagging @tristeele.
In her own words:
Hi everyone - I'm @NianticThia (she/her/they/their) and I'm excited to be your Community Specialist! The thing I love most about Ingress is that there are so many ways to enjoy the game. Getting out and exploring the world and looking at it in a way I wasn't before is a close second.
I've been in the game industry for over 15 years and before joining Niantic, I spent 8 years supporting game developer communities around the world. Previous roles have involved community management, production, operations, and events. I've also spent a lot of time encouraging women to get into tech and games spaces by volunteering with global initiatives like Girl Geek Dinners and Global Game Jam as well as organizing regional tech and game events in the US-Northeast and speaking in the US and Europe about the importance and benefits of both having a community and mentorship (separately).
I believe that everyone can and should be able to enjoy games as a medium (if they want to!) and that in order to do that, we need to have everyone involved in the process of making them.
I'm mom to a human and 2 canines, play Ingress way more than I should, and have been WoW-free since BoA. I love to travel and experience new places and perspectives - and wish I had the photography skills to document it better than I do!
In my first official post in my NIA adventure log, I'd like to send much thanks, big appreciate to San Diego, US ENL agents TMoneyistheOne and Tonalite for meeting up and keeping me company while I did a banner! (I promise to work on my photography skills.) We gabbed about so many things: Ingress, hikes, Harry Potter, geology, rafting, more
Greetings from NianticThia
Thank you @NianticBrian, @NianticPooja, and everyone for the welcome! I'm really excited to be here and look forward to working with you to enjoy Ingress and our community together. I wanted to post something separately for those interested.
A bit more about me...
- I have a background in production, all the managements (product/project/program), events, operations, and community but it will take some time adjusting to how Niantic works.
- I love to travel - I didn't start until way later in life but I've seen a lot of Europe (Austria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland - not in that order) and look forward to getting back out there just as much as many of you.
- I take a lot of bad selfies - hence the stuffed animal proxies.
- While I play ENL hard, both factions are needed and important - I think I'm pretty xfac friendly/neutral but I'm sure my locals will call me out if they think otherwise ;).
- I have a sarcastic/dry (and inappropriate ) sense of humor. It is who I am and I will do my best to keep this in check because I know that it can be misinterpreted - especially for non-native English speakers - and it can be hard to infer intent and tone in text. My go-to is to crack a joke or make light of a situation to make people laugh and I realize that as passionate players, we may not always take things that way. (I know that when I'm having a Bad Day™, I don't always read things the way they were intended.)
- Because I have worked with global communities for the last decade, I'm cognizant of seeming US-focused and will do my best to think globally. I will rely on our global Ingress team and our Vanguards, XMAs, and Trusted Reporters to help me with this and to consider things that I may not be aware of.
- Mountains, water, hiking, camping
- Some sportsball
- 80s music, cheesy movies
- Cherry Pepsi but regular Coke
- But Pepsi with grenadine?
- Also, Code Red Mountain Dew > all
- Cherry/Fruit Punch Starburst, Fruit Punch Frootsies
- Mexican and Italian foods
- Long walks off short cliffs; wait...
Things I'm working on in the short term:
- A LOT OF LEARNING.
- Distributed Mission Days and NL-1331 prep (as well as learning about other Live Event Things™).
- Plans for community engagement.
- Learn all the things!
- Things that I'm eager to investigate once I'm settled (in no particular order and this is NOT what's been given to me by NIA, it is a select few of my own personal interests to talk to the team about and is not a promise of anything):
- Missions/Banners: What is the status of the authoring tool? How does the approval process work?
- Live Events: Where is it safe to do them? What can we do to support those who can't be there?
- Welcoming New Players: How do we recruit? How can we keep them around? How do we help them get a foundation?
- Spoofing/Anti-Cheat: This is a big one; I know spoofing and anti-cheat efforts are a big concern in many areas (heck, one of my portals was just spoofed down recently) and I want to dig in and learn more about what we're doing now, what we want to do, and what role I play in these efforts. In areas with spoofing problems, agents' ability to enjoy the game is negatively impacted and that sucks.
- I plan to keep my NIA and personal channels separate because of previously stated humor disclaimer and so that when I'm playing, I can enjoy playing. (When I'm fielding or uniquing or bannering, I'm fielding, uniquing, or bannering!) See below for my NIA channels and I'll link the main ones in my forum signature. Feel free to reach out to one I've listed to verify if concerned!
- Did I mention there are a lot of things to learn and wrap my head around?
- I read the forums and have read recent top threads.
- Once I have my bearings, I will do my best to be transparent and proactive. If I mess up, I will eat my words and I hope (expect) to provide new, fun TMs for us to use together (in a Good Way™).
- My official channels:
- Telegram: @TOASTYthia (adventures)
- Twitter: @NianticThia
- Instagram: @NianticThia
- TikTok: @NianticThia (if I use this, we're all in for a treat ...)