-The Niantic team
We're opening up reviews in Wayfarer to even more Wayfinders! @PokemonGOApp Trainers level 38 & @Ingress Agents level 10 are now eligible to review Wayspots. We're also introducing a new in-game medal in Pokémon GO for contributing to Niantic Wayfarer! nianticlabs.com/en/blog/wayfar
Expanding Niantic Wayfarer Access and In-Game Rewards
Niantic Wayfarer empowers eligible Pokémon GO and Ingress players to review and ultimately decide on which interesting points-of-interest get added to our platform. Since the global launch in November 2019, the Wayfarer community has helped add nearly 1.9 million (and counting!) Wayspots across the globe. We're incredibly motivated by the community's dedication and we're excited to open up the opportunity to more players to explore the real world through Wayfarer.
The ability to review Wayspots in Wayfarer is limited to those who meet strict eligibility requirements. This includes a level requirement in Pokémon GO or Ingress, and passing a tutorial quiz. This has been an important strategy to carefully pace the influx of Wayspots across our platform while maintaining quality reviews.
Based on the success and quality of the reviews those Wayfinders have been submitting, we are pleased to announce we will be lowering the level requirements for reviewing even further, allowing Pokémon GO Trainers Level 38 and Ingress Agents level 10 to join! PokéStop and Portal nomination levels will remain the same.
We're also adding and updating in-game rewards! In Ingress, we're temporarily doubling the credit value for Wayfarer Agreements towards the Recon medal. Starting today in Pokémon GO, we'll be launching a new Wayfarer Medal for eligible Wayfarers. Wayfarer will credit eligible Pokémon GO players for the number of Agreements earned while their Wayfinder profile rating was in good standing (green). And yes, Agreement points will be rewarded retroactively for all the hard work players have been putting in!
We're excited to welcome all new Wayfinders and look forward to continuing this Wayfinding journey with you! Be sure to join the conversation in the Wayfarer Community.
-The Niantic team
Welcome new Wayfarers! If you're wondering where to start or just looking for more information on Niantic Wayfarer, we've got you covered. Check out this discussion from the Wayfarer Forum: community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/230
Resources for new Reviewers
Firstly, let me welcome all of the new folks to the Wayfarer Community! We're so glad to have you here and are really looking forward to chatting with you and answering any questions you may have as you ramp up as new reviewers!
When it comes to ramping up on reviewing, the Wayfarer Help Center has the basics you need to know, with articles about what's eligible, ineligible and in-between.
- About Wayfarer: Learn more about Wayfarer, your profile, how to earn upgrades, and how you can manage your own nominations
- Wayspot Criteria: Understand how to identify a good nomination and what makes a good Wayspot. This section also allows you to submit questions you have about the criteria.
- How to Review Wayspots: Tips on reviewing nominations and edits
- Step-by-step Wayspot Review Process: A video that shows the basics of reviewing in the Wayfarer Portal.
- Reporting Abuse: Tips for reporting invalid Wayspots or edits.
In order to keep Wayfarer fair for everyone, your decisions are compared with the decisions made by others in the community. This information is used to create an overall rating for your decisions in your profile. Your Performance rating is displayed on a scale of Green (Great) to Red (Poor) and will change over time.
Here are a few tips to ensure your Performance Rating stays Green:
- Follow the criteria while reviewing nominations, we recommend keeping the eligible and ineligible criteria pages open in a different browser tab for easy access.
- Take your time and review each segment on it's own merit. Read this article for tips on how to review each section.
- Avoid using third party tools/plugins or depending on others to decide on how you vote on a nomination.
- Note that your Rating may also be affected based on actions taken on abuse reviews.
There are also a lot of really knowledgeable and helpful Wayfinders right here in the forum with great questions and equally great answers. Here are a few lively and interesting discussions that could be worth your time:
Again, we're glad you're here and we're looking forward to interacting with you soon!
Agents, thank you for helping us verify and approve the addition of nearly 1.9 million quality Portals to the Portal Network. In light of this success, we are now further expanding access to review Portals to L10 Agents. Read more at: nianticlabs.com/en/blog/wayfar