アンドリュー・クルーグの質疑応答:ミュンヘン

  • 投稿日:
  • by
  • カテゴリ:

Boris Pirstinger (thepir8)
2017/07/07 07:15:53
アンドリュー・クルーグが欧州ツアーで訪れた最後の都市がミュンヘンだ。両陣営から行われた質問とその回答からなるインタビューの内容をこの投稿へ添付しよう。

  • イングレス2.0に関する質問

それでは、既にアルファテストやベータテストは行われているのでしょうか。
回答
数ヶ月以内にベータ版が発表され、年末までに最終版が発表されるはずだね。

フロントエンドの変更に留まっているのでしょうか。バックエンドは同じものでしょうか。
回答
いやいやいや、バックエンドもフロントエンドもどちらも変更されるよ。

それでグーグル・コンテナ・エンジンは引き続き利用されるのでしょうか。
回答
私にはわからないね。

参考までに、我々はすべて記録をとっています。
回答
スクリーンショットを見せてあげようか。

*アンドリューは自らの携帯電話を手に取った*

コードですか、それともユーザーインターフェイスですか?
回答
ユーザーインターフェイスからだね。

*アンドリューが携帯電話をいじった*
さて、これがスクリーンショットだ。ぜんぜん違ってみえるだろ。

従前のイングレスよりもバッテリー消費は多いのでしょうか。
回答
私にはわからないね。

ポケモンGOのコードにもとづいているのでしょうか、あるいは全くのリファクタリングなのでしょうか。
回答
ポケモンGOで使用しているものと同じバックエンドが使用されているね。ポケモンGOのバックエンドというわけではなく、どのゲームでも活用できるものさ。フロントエンドではユニティだね。バッテリーに関しては回答できないな。すまないが、まだ行われていないことだ。

イングレス2.0に関していえば、ルート化された携帯電話やジェイルブレイクした携帯電話の遮断にグーグル・セーフティネットが活用されるのではないかとの懸念が数多く挙がっていますね。
回答
良い質問だね。

どのコミュニティからも挙がっている懸念ですね。
回答
懸念の必要はないと思うよ。私に言えることは、私は強い影響力を持っているし、オープンソース開発を支持する者のひとりだ。我々がそんなことをしたなら、悲しいことだね。そんなことをするとは思えない。だが、必要に迫られることがあれば、我々には選択する権利はあるだろう。

  • イングレスAPIに関する質問

次の点を明らかにしたいのですが、オープンソース開発に関してエージェントのひとりから質問がありました。ポータルに関する情報を収集するためのオープンAPIは提供されるでしょうか。
回答
既にあるね。

ですが、それはクローズドなものですよね。
回答
それはいま現在のバックエンドにもとづくもので、イングレス2.0の開発を終えた際にはそういった目標が再度掲げられると思うよ。APIの提供はジョン・ハンケが長年話してきたことだからね。だが、いま古いシステムのために開発することは意味がないよ。

コミュニティには優れたプログラマーが数多くいることにご留意ください。APIが提供されることでイングレスに素晴らしいものが製作されていくことでしょう。
回答
間違いないね!

当然、他の製品すべてで提供されれば、大いに活気づくことでしょうね。
回答
全く以て同意だよ。イングレス1.0のプログラムでそれを行うことには今のところ関心を寄せていない。古いものだし、変化の途にあるわけだからね。既にあるAPIはテクトゥルフ・デバイスで行われているよ。テクトゥルフ・デバイスはAPIを活用することでポータルの状態やレゾネーターのレベルといった様々な情報すべてを取得できるのさ。

  • IITCに関する質問

厄介な質問ですが、IITCに関するあなたご自身の考えをお聞かせください。
回答
その質問に答えて欲しいと君が考えているとは思えないね。単純に是非を割り切れる問題ではないし、現状には誰もが満足していると思うよ。

それでは、ナイアンティック社員としてでなく、あなた個人としてはどうでしょうか。
回答
個人的な意見であるか否かに関わらず、私が言えば人々はそれを遵守すべきものと扱ってしまうだろう。私が「利用規約に反している」と言えば、何もかも一変してしまうし、使用できないようにしなければならなくなる。あるいは「反してはいない」と言えば、利用規約の更新を迫られてしまうし、IITCそのものから今度はプラグインに関するで百万件は質問が増えることだろう。今の状況が双方にとって幸せなんだよ。

わかりました、ありがとうございます。ですが、別の観点で見ると、IITCの諸機能は実際にはインテルマップに組み込むものです。実際のツールではないにしても、バーティカルな機能開発という店でグーグル社がIITCに目を向けるのではないでしょうか。
回答
我々はIITCとその能力の全てをわかっているよ。そうだね。

IITCを公認せずに開発者を雇用しインテルマップを扱うのはどうしてでしょうか。
回答
問題の一端には当初の開発者が既にプロジェクトを離れてしまっていることがあるね。これは我々にとって少しばかり課題となっているよ。

あなたとともに仕事をしたいか訊ねてはどうでしょうか。
回答
他方で、ひとつを許せばそれを指摘して「彼らが作ったのであれば、私も独自に作れるべき」と言うであろうことはわかっている。善かれ悪しかれ、今でもそういったことは起きているんだ。明らかに利用規約へ抵触するIITCのモジュールやプラグインが作成されているのが現状さ。そういったものが含まれていない限りは、パンドラの箱を開かない方が良いと考えているよ。イングレスのインテルマップが更新され、機能向上していくことは素晴らしいだろう。我々の誰もが改善の余地が幾つもあると認識している。だが、IITCを取り入れることが長期的な観点で解決策になるかどうかはわからない。

  • ガーディアン・メダルに関する質問

ガーディアン・メダルの廃止やその機能を全く別のものへ変更させることが考えられたことはあるでしょうか。
回答
そうだね、その件に関しても検討があったよ。どうすることが最善かについてね。


ガーディアン・メダルは様々な問題を引き起こしています。事実、私の知る限りイングレスは他のプレイヤーのメダル獲得を唯一妨害できてしまう唯一のゲームです。
回答
それは一概には言えないことだ。

ここに集まった人々をご覧ください。
*何人かのプレイヤーを指さした*
*誰もが話をしたそうではあったが、はっきりとはしなかった*
回答
ファーストパーソン・シューティングゲームを例に取ると、その本質は対戦相手の勝利を妨げることにあるよ。

ですが、そういったゲームのメダル獲得が他のプレイヤーによって妨害されることはあり得ません。
回答
そうだね、すべてでがそうではない。だが、大抵はそういったものだよ。

私の意図するところは、その難易度が、すべてのプレイヤーで同条件ではないということです。
回答
確かにそのとおりだ。

また、公正さに欠く技術を用いる者もおり、私はこれこそが実際の問題と考えています。というのも、そうですね、その件について考えていくと副次的な損害は問題としませんが、それが程度の低いプレイヤーであるが故なのかどうかを考えているのです。そういった人々による89日間というのは、本当に誇らしいメダルですね。
同じだ!私は4年もの間、149日間だよ。
回答
その問題は必ずしもメダルにあるのではないというのが私の考えだね。問題は不正に用いられる情報があることだ。メダルそのものにはないよ。

それは社会的な問題です!文化的な問題でもあります。
回答
文化的な問題ではないさ。情報が悪用されなければ問題とはならないのだからね。誰もがそういった情報を自力で把握しなければならないか全く把握できないのであれば、問題とはならないことだよ。誰もが150日間を達成することだろうね。

ボットが使われたらどうするんですか。
回答
今では様々な回避手段があるね。だが、緩和する手段もあると私は考えている。これが本当に議論となるのかわからないけどね。

今おっしゃったことは、あなた自身が先に言ったことと矛盾しています。オープンAPIを提供するのであれば、情報を阻むことはできないからこそのオープンAPIでしょう。
回答
それは公開しようとする情報次第だよ。スコアボード以外のことで、誰がどのポータルをキャプチャしたかを知る利点は何だろうか。それ以外の何に用いるんだい?

フィールド活動の折に、誰がその活動範囲外にいるかどうか、例えばいつもはハンブルクでプレイしている人がフェルールにいるだとか、全ての主要エージェントが北海へ向かっているだとか。
回答
だが、ポータルをクリックして詳細情報を見ればオーナー情報やデプロイ情報はわかるじゃないか。コミュニケーションパネル上ではすべてを配信してはいないだけだ。わからないが、考えついたことがあるよ。この件についてはまだまだ検討する必要があるね。

そうです、ですが、深夜に屋外にいるプレイヤーを見かけたとき、どうしているでしょうか。その道を追跡するでしょう。
回答
どちらのことだい?双方を満たすことはできないよ。情報を得ていることが有益なのか、情報を得ないでいるようにすることが有益なのかだ。

率直にお聞きしますが、あなたは開発者なのでしょうか。
回答
違うよ。

そうですか。
回答
プログラムに触れることはないね。

わかりましたよ、ありがとう。それでは、過剰に情報提供しないでください。
回答
それで君の解決策はどういったものなんだい?情報を公開してほしいのか、してほしくないのかだ。

いいえ、解決策はありませんね、理解の及ばぬ情報に対してのね。あるとすれば、ガーディアン・メダルを変更すべきと考えています。例えば次のようにしてはどうでしょうか。統計情報がありますね、確保したポータルの累計期間が千日を経過した際にオニキスのガーディアン・メダルを取得できるのです。
回答
関心事に対しては様々な検討が行われてきた。前回のミートアップで挙げられたもののひとつに、ポータル情報を5日間や3日間、あるいは24時間にわたって秘匿するMODがあったが、それは誰も情報を取得できなくなる手段であり、ポータルを確保したことを知る者はいなくなるだろう。これはあくまでアイデアとして挙がったということで、そんなものがゲーム内に存在すると言っているわけじゃない。ハンブルクで提案されたものだったはずだ。

緑色や青色であれば、すぐに狙われることになるでしょう。
回答
だから陣営情報を開示させたくないというのかい?

既に150日間を経過しているかの情報を欲していないのであれば、そうなるでしょうね。
回答
非常に困惑しているよ。君は情報を開示したいのかい、それとも開示したくはないのかい?つまりは、情報を開示してほしいが故に、メダル廃止を望んでいるのかな?

変更することですよ!これは問題なのです。ガーディアン・メダルのね。
回答
わかるように言ってくれ。どのように変更したいというんだい?

ガーディアン・メダルをです。
回答
どのようにしてなんだい?

アイデアは数多くありますが、最良なのは累積させることです。
回答
ちょっと待ってくれ。書き留めておく必要があるね。アイデアを書き留めるためにノートを用意してるんだ。

私たちの検討しているアイデアは累積です。日数を累積させるのです。ひとつのポータルを1日につき1ポイントです!
回答
どのようにしてだい?

ひとつのポータルを3日間保持すれば3日間です。累計ですぐに千日となるでしょうね。
回答
だが、それが現状とどう異なるのだろうか。私が不正行為者であったなら君のポータルすべてを攻撃して回るだけだが、それは妨害したことにはならないのかな?

私が10箇所のポータルをキャプチャして80日後にその全てが陥落したとしても50ポイントを獲得できますよ、違った、800です!800ポイントを獲得できるんです!
回答
わかった、わかったよ。
そいつは面白いね。そういうわけで書き留めておいたよ。要は、累積だね。

数値は充分に高く設定しましょう。1万です!
回答
それで、24時間を経過する前に陥落させていくほどの不正行為者がいるとは考えていないわけだね。私が不正行為者であったなら、怒り狂うことだろうね。所有ポータルのあるすべての街どこにでも赴くことだろう。

こうしましょう。それが確かに問題なのでしょうが、プロテクトも容易になります。プレイヤーには24時間でポータルを妨害することはほとんど不可能と私は考えます。
回答
現状のシステムでサポートできているとは思えない。ニュージーランドのクライストチャージで数時間のうちに250超のポータルを攻撃して回った問題に対処したばかりだからね。特定のプレイヤーたちのポータルを標的にすべてのポータルを排除してまわったんだ。

ええ、存じ上げています。
回答
これは解決せねばならない問題だ。私が悪人なら次のようにするだろうね。より簡単に成し得るようにする。ボッドを作成するだけだ。そいつに存在するあらゆるポータルを攻撃させるだけでいい。全ての人々を妨害し、全てのメダルを妨害できる。特定の誰かを探し出す必要なんてないんだ。誰もかれも打ちのめしてやればいい。

問題はゲーム性そのものへ妨害を加えることになることですね。
回答
ああ、全くそのとおりだ!

この二つは異なる問題に思えます。ボッドは別問題です!
回答
ああ、ボットは極めて大きな問題さ。

ボットとガーディアン双方の問題を一度に解消することはできませんよ。
回答
論点に立ち返るとしよう。現状のシステムに累積による解決策の用意はないし、現状のシステムでそれをプロテクトすることはできない。その段階に至っていないのだ。学習する機械も持ち合わせていないし、そういった人々を積極的に阻むために必要な十分に高度な用意はない。

社会問題ですね。
回答
個々人に依存するものだ。

そのとおり!そのとおりです!そうです、個人の問題ですね。双方ありますね。
回答
そうだ、言ったように、それは個人に依存したものだ。

得られる情報から名前を削除すると言われていましたね。
回答
それはアイデアだ。

良くないアイデアに思えます。
回答
そうか。

街を訪れた人々へ挨拶することを不可能にしてしまうからです。それはコミュニティやゲームを介した友情を阻むことになるでしょう。
回答
興味深い一面だね。それは情報の取得に限ったことだ。この話題は切り上げようと思うが、容易く出せる答えはないと思うよ。

  • 新規プレイヤーへの連絡に関する問題

コミュニティの観点に限ったことですが、ここミュンヘンではレジスタンスが非常に強勢であり、我々としては接触を試みたい新規プレイヤーがいて、コミュニティへと参加してもらおうとしています。
回答
それは別問題ではあるが、最初の接触をコミュニケーションパネルに頼っているからね、全く同意できるよ。コミュニケーションパネルや新規プレイヤー研修は破綻しており、改善の必要がある、それが現状です。私の知るところでは、新規プレイヤー研修はイングレス2.0で一新されるよ。ただちに新たなコミュニケーションシステムが導入されるかはわからない。だが、コミュニティの人材確保が破壊メッセージや確保メッセージに依存しているのであれば、それは非常に大きな問題だ。実際のところ、それは最善の手段ではないからね。誰もがコミュニティと円滑に連絡を取る手段に関しては様々な検討をしてきた。現状はわかっているが、決して理想的なものではない。

  • プレイヤー・バンに関する質問

バンに関することなのですが、ファウンダーメダルを得るような手段があるのでしょうか。言いたいのは、不正行為ではないのかということです。
回答
ファウンダーメダルに関しては存じないが、その件は興味深いね。ナイアンティックでは「セカンドチャンス・プログラム」というものを作成しているところなんだ。プレイヤーやプレイヤーグループがバンされ、国家情報局作戦部隊で主張が認められなかったり、追跡調査できなかったり、私にも手助けできなった場合には、こういったプレイヤーグループへ連絡を取ることができる。プレイヤーこそがコミュニティのことをよく知っていると信じてのことさ。彼らはそれが不正行為者なのかボットアカウントなのかがわかっている。愚かな行いをして、それを認めたかどうかを把握している。このようなプレイヤーグループへ主張して、簡易の調査が行われ、国家情報局作戦部隊へセカンドチャンスを与えるべきか否かを提言するわけだ。したがって、それとほぼ同じことだ。順調にいけば、今年の暮れまでには始動できていることだろうね。

それは、イングレス2.0が年末までに公開されるということでしょうか。
回答
それには既に言及したね。だが、今話していることに関して言えば、順調にいくとそれより前にセカンドチャンス・プログラムは始動できるだろうね。できる限り早く稼働させたいと思っているところだが、法務チームの承認を待っているところだ。そうすれば、バンされた誰もが、ある種最後のチャンスを経ることになる。主張し、私を経てグーグルプラスを経て、国家情報局作戦部隊へ訴えることなる。

以前のプレイヤーを加える計画なのでしょうか。
回答
ああ、そういったプレイヤーは目的に含めているよ。また、アンバサダープログラムのある。これによってその製品について知るベータテスターグループを得ることができるだろうね。アノマリールールのアイデアを訊ねたり「こういったことができるんだが、どう思うかい」と訊ねることができる。だからプレイヤーによるアンバサダープログラムを計画しているし、プレイヤーによるセカンドチャンスプログラムを計画している。そして既にレフリー・プログラムがあるし、信頼するレポーター陣もいる。オペレーション・ポータルリコンはご存知のとおりだ。これがナイアンティックの進めようとしていることだよ。

では、レフリー・プログラムとは何でしょうか。
回答
ああ、それはシャード戦でのものさ。かつての不正行為対策グループだ。シャード戦やアノマリーの際には位置偽装でポータルが攻撃されたり、フィールドが解除されたりしていたからね。クロスファクションで人々が集い、「元に戻す必要性を認めます。変更してください。」と提言するものだ。私はそれを「レフリー・プログラム」と呼んでいるよ。不正対策プログラムと同様のものだ。

バンに関する質問に立ち返らせてもらいましょう。位置偽装であることが明らかなアカウントを別にすれば、長きにわたってコミュニティでプレイしてきた人々が本当に理解し難いことですし、バンの理由に関する情報はどうして得られないのでしょうか。
回答
いい質問だ。ナイアンティックでは国家情報局作戦部隊と協議し、より多くの情報をプレイヤーへ提供する手段を模索しているよ。国家情報局作戦部隊はプレイヤーが起きたことを把握するに充分な情報と不正行為者たちがその活動を特定された手段を知ってしまうほどでない情報との均衡を探っているわけだ。

99%の確率で不正行為者だと私は考えているのですが、あなたはそういった不正行為者との対話を望まないということですね。ですが、後ろ盾となる強勢なコミュニティがあり、それが不正行為者でないと主張する場合はどうでしょうか。
回答
えっと、二つの論点があるね。情報があり、国家情報局作戦部隊がそれを提供するのであれば、コミュニケーションによってより良いものとなるだろうね。ナイアンティックはそれを見ることで「コミュニティの誰もが私を良識あるプレイヤーだと証言してくれる」とあって、実在の人物かそうでないかとなる。

位置偽装していたとしても、私は信じてるが自宅で何をしているかはわからないとしか言えないでしょうね。
回答
それがまさしく重要な点だね。君たちと共に活動しているときには位置偽装なんてしてはいないが、自宅で何をしているかまでは分からないということだね。多くの実例を見てきたが、早い段階で学び取っていたことだよ。疑わしきは罰せずを好ましいと考えているよ。よく挙げていることだが、非常に有名なプレイヤーに実例がある。アメリカ合衆国でのことだが、バンされたそのプレイヤーにコミュニティが一丸となって主張した。「ああ、彼は良識ある人だ。彼とそのすべてを信じている」とね。幾多の国境を跨いで人々が結束することはイングレスの麗しさのひとつだし、変わらぬことを願っているよ。こういった活動の危険な側面は、実際にバンされた人物のためのキャンペーンをグーグルプラス上で展開するうえで、彼らが不正行為を行っていたことだ。この活動がプレイヤーの国家情報局作戦部隊に対する信頼を貶め、国家情報局作戦部隊のプレイヤーに対する信頼を貶めることとなった。誤検出の数は極めて少ないものなのだ。君は99%と評したが、実際のところは99.99%に及ぶほどだろうと考えているよ。君は毎日のようにバンされていくアカウントを知らないのだからね。

誤検出がないのであれば、どうして何週間にもわたって議論もコミュニケーションも行われないのでしょうか。
回答
それは君の認識に過ぎない。私はプレイヤーとやりとりしているし、私と国家情報局作戦部隊はやりとりしているよ。

ですが、どうして話した内容を公開しないのでしょうか。
回答
利用規約には個人情報に関するガイドラインがあり、そういったことはできない。ナイアンティックは個人のアカウントに何が起きているかを言及することはできないのだ。当事者は、私が国家情報局作戦部隊とやりとりしていることを承知しているし、当事者はすべてのことを承知しているが、私にはその情報を開示することはできない。

そのことを知りたいのです、あなたや国家情報局作戦部隊が当事者と連絡を取り、事実特定に動いていることをです。詳細を望んでいるのではありません。
回答
言ったとおりだよ。個別にやりとりを行っていることを言えないのだ。当事者は知っていることで、当事者の投稿では私とやりとりを行っているという事実に触れていたが、問題としていたのは当事者が満足するほど迅速ではなかったということだ。文字通り一週間と言わず待っていたのだろう。既にバン解除されていたし、この件で私は対話を試みて時間がかかると伝えたし、応答を得ようとしていたし、解決を目指していた。わかっているんだ、プレイヤーはただちに解決すること望んでいるが、必ずしもそうなるわけじゃないことはね。

他にもこのような例はあったのでしょうか?
回答
そうだね。

ポータルリコンに関して、以前は誰もがナイアンティックになんら敬意を払わず、時に愚かなことを起こしたことで憎悪すらともなってポータルモンキーと呼んでいましたね。
回答
少しばかりね。

ですが、このプロセスが開放され、それが実際には如何に困難なことであったかが示されました。このプロセスがクラウドソーシングされることで困難さが明らかとなり、状況は180度変わったのです。
回答
それは少しばかり異なる状況だ。なぜならバンでは個人情報が取り扱われているのだからね。例を挙げると、ドイツは保有する個人情報の取り扱いに対して非常に慎重な姿勢だね。

  • オペレーション・ポータルリコン

オペレーション・ポータルリコンにメダルが登場すると聞いていますが。
回答
そうだね。

オペレーション・ポータルリコンで非常に素晴らしい活動を見せたプレイヤーが新規にポータルを作成できるようにすることを計画しているでしょうか。
回答
オペレーション・ポータルリコンに優れる諸君に特化するものではないが、一般的なポータル申請を再開させる予定だ。

これはナイアンティックにおいて特別な信頼を寄せるプレイヤーに向けた次なるプログラムということでしょうか。
回答
いや、これは諸君全てに向けて進めようとしていることだと思うよ。おそらくはレベル16から始まり、レベル15、レベル14と拡大されているだろうね。その理由はオペレーション・ポータルリコンで行われたように、諸君がベテランプレイヤーか新人プレイヤーかを問題とはしない。誰だって素晴らしいポータルを申請することもあれば、不適切なポータルを申請することだってある。だから、申請のベータアクセスを与えるツールとしてオペレーション・ポータルリコンを活用することは良い考えじゃないかな。書き留めておこう、一般的にオペレーション・ポータルリコン以外にそういった識別手段はないからね。ベテランのプレイヤーでさえテストで落第しているのだからね。

ポータル申請の再開は既に計画されているのでしょうか。
回答
そうだね、いつかはわからないが、再開されるよ。望んでいることだからね。

ポケモンGOのプレイヤーにもできるようになるでしょうか。
回答
それは私にはわからないね。

実際のところ、強く感じていることがあります。誰もがオペレーション・ポータルリコンに取り組んでいれば、ポータル申請もより良いものとなると思うのです。
回答
私もそう思うよ。書き留めておこう。

オペレーション・ポータルリコンに関する質問ですが、ポータルの名称や説明を編集できるようにする計画はあるでしょうか。時折、タイプミスや全くの誤りを目にするのです。
回答
本当かい?

そういった噂を耳にしています。
回答
冗談めかし驚いてみせただけだよ。

「ヒストリック」なる単語を含んだポータルがシステム上で迅速に処理されていた時期がありましたね。その理由は多岐に及びますが、古い建造物の名称には大抵「ヒストリック」が含まれています。「ヒストーリッシェ・ファサード」なんて伝説的な存在ですが、論点に立ち戻ると、アノマリーの発生区域でポータル名称を変更できるようにしてほしいですね。アノマリー発生区域内に5箇所も「マリア・ミット・カインド」があると、オペレーターには厄介ですからね。
回答
もっともな意見だね。実際にアノマリー発生前にやろうとしているし、自動的にではあるが重複した名称のポータルを抽出して変更しようとしているよ。

そうですか。
回答
そうさ、ここのところそういった問題が起きているとは思わないね。実際、今回のアノマリーが開催される都市のひとつから重複ポータルがあるとの報告を得ている。君たちが何かしら気づいて知らせてくれたら、ナイアンティックは積極的に調査しているし、対応している。見過ごされていたってことだが、その後の問題とはならない。これは名称や説明に関する話だ。私がまだ赴いていない都市はもうないはずだが、そういったことは起きていない。その都度書き留めては報告を送っているからね。私はわかっているし、報告は確認されているはずだ。すぐに対応されることだろう。したがって、君たちは放置されてなんていないよ。

  • その他の質問

今後もコミュニティマネージャーはあなたひとりなのでしょうか。それともコミュニティマネージャーチームが編成されるのでしょうか。
回答
私が目標としているのは、地域ごとにコミュニティマネージャーを用意することだね。

あなたはどの地域を担当しているのでしょうか。
回答
地域というと、欧州もそのひとつとなるかもしれないね。

欧州の、ひとつの地域というと?
回答
欧州全土ということだ。私は全世界を扱っているわけだが、北米と南米とでひとつ、アジアにふたつだ。そう、実際のところふたつあるのだ。

そのためにはどの程度の期間がかかるのでしょうか。
回答
それは私の及ぶところではないね。要望は出しているよ、あとは承認を待つしかない。

ナイアンティックには何人の従業員がいるのでしょうか。
回答
まいったな、思うに、今では百名以上いるはずだが、鵜呑みにはしないでくれ。正確なところは知らないんだ。

開発陣にはインド出身者もいるのでしょうか。
回答
誰にでも参加の機会はあるさ。アジアにもチームがあるしね。欧州にだって、アンとフィリップ、そしてあともうひとりから成るチームがあるよ。

フィリップとは誰でしょうか。
回答
フィリップのことは気にしなくても構わないよ。彼はイングレスのプレイヤーでもないし、イングレスのイベントといったものを扱うこともないからね。君たちが知らないのも無理はないさ、彼は別のことに、事業関係に携わっているからね。

コミュニティとの協働に関してですが、ミッションデイでは現地コミュニティが達成ミッション数を確認せねばならないことで、オランダでは雨の中30分も待たなければならない事態になったといいますし、他の都市でも似たようなことが起きていると聞いています。このような確認手続きをナイアンティックで自動化できないものでしょうか。
回答
そうしたいね。

多くの人々から耳にした話なのですが、例えば午後3時の航空機へ搭乗せねばならずに受付できない場合には、マッティやアンにメールすることになります。
回答
改めて言うが、イングレス1.0は概念実証に過ぎぬもので、その後に様々なものを加えはしたが、正直なところ完璧とは言い難い。イングレス2.0とそのバックエンドではより柔軟な対応が可能となるはずだし、多くのことを自動化できるはずだ。その点では全く異なるものとなるよ。

アノマリーのインスタンスですね!
回答
そうだね、私も気に入っているよ!この件については改めて書くとしよう。

アノマリーへ参加するエージェントは同一サーバー上にいるわけですから、BOTごと全員を排除できますね。
回答
BOTアカウントを登録できる限り、そいつは諸刃の剣となるね。登録さえできなくなれば、BOTを排除することで永久に戻ってはこれなくなることを意味する。いま我々が排除しようとも、別の名前で登録してしまい、同じことの繰り返しだ。そこでインスタンスを設定しておけば、何かしらして排除されると新しいアカウントで戻ってくることはできなくなるね。今の時点では制限してもすぐに新しいアカウントを作成できてしまう。したがって、私はそういった取り組みを大いに支持しているよ。幾度となく繰り返されることだからね。諸君もご存知かもしれないが、一週間ほど前にインスタンスが開放されてキーファームができるようになったが、これはまだ登録された一部の人々に対してのみだ。私はこれを拡大させていこうと考えているよ。

素晴らしいアですね!課題はアノマリーの際にドロップされるキーでしょう。削除機能はありますし助かってはいますが、キーをドロップすることで500XMを失うという案はどうでしょうか!リサイクルすれば500XMを得られるわけですが、ペナルティとして500XMを失う羽目になるのです。
回答
興味深い提案だね。

APを減少させるという選択肢もありますね。
回答
ワッハッハ、XMの減少に関しては興味深いものだし、検討の余地があるだろう。

イングレス1.0は概念実証であったとの発言がありましたが、イングレス2.0では変更されるということでしょうか。
回答
ああ、そのとおりだ!イングレス1.0はジオロケーション・ゲームの実証となったと考えているし、今ではポケモンGOがあり、それは大成功を収めたと考えているよ。ご存知のとおり、イングレスなしにポケモンGOは実現し得なかったわけだ。

イングレスは他のゲームへの礎となりましたが、イングレスはプレイグラウンドとして存続するでしょうか。
回答
その点に関しては確かにそのとおりだね。イングレスは検証するためのサンドボックスとなり得るものだ。なぜなら、率直に言って、我々が運営しているのだからね。

ゲームとして今後の革新を期待できるのでしょうか。
回答
間違いないことだよ!イングレスが早々に姿を消すとは思わないさ。

次のような質問へとつながりますね。今現在、ナイアンティックにとってイングレスとはどういった位置づけなのでしょうか。そしてポケモンGOはどういった位置づけなのでしょうか。両者はどのような関係にあるのでしょうか。
回答
改めて言うことになるが、イングレスなしにポケモンGOは存在せず、我々はその価値がわかっているよ。このようなゲームに更なる発展を実現させ得る製品としての価値がある。ポケモンGOには知的財産権があるから必ずしも実現することはできない。ポケモンカンパニーが保有しているし、任天堂が保有しているんだ。他方で我々にはイングレスがあるというわけさ。また、本当の意味で我々と同水準で、同規模で、世界規模で行っているところは存在しない。業界の納得を得られ、受け入れられるものが何であるか、何がよくて何が不足しているのかを見極めていかねばならない。それを唯一実現する手段こそがイングレスなのだ。

ポケモンGOが資金源となっているのでしょうが、現状でイングレスはどういった扱いなのでしょうか。
回答
イングレスで利益を得ることは常に目標としているよ。

現状で利益を得ているのでしょうか。
回答
私にはわからないね。

アメリカ合衆国ではNL1331のカードが5分や10分そこらで売り切れになる事態となっていますが、ロードアウト・カードや購入物に制限を課しているのは何故なのでしょうか。
回答
私にはわからないが、確認をとっておこう。

イングレスはダイヤモンドのような存在ですから、ナイアンティックが利益追求の道具にしないことを願っています。
回答
そんなことはしないさ。我々はイングレスですべきことを実現させていく。イングレスは極めて大切なものだし、ジオロケーションゲームで何ができるかを把握させてくれる力を備えており、改めて言うが、無二の存在だ。素晴らしい作品を生み出す契機となり得るものであり、どういったことが上手くいくか容易に判断できない局面を後押ししてくれるものなんだ。したがって、そんなことはしない。諸君が憂慮しているような、XMPの販売なんて行われないし、レゾネーターの販売も行われない。それはイングレスの特徴を破綻させてしまうことだからね。金銭的な面を別にして、イングレスの特徴を完全に損なってしまうのさ。

ポケモンGOで収益を得て、イングレスをこのまま維持してください!
回答
その件について憂慮しなくていいさ。しないよ、我々はゲームの根幹を破綻させるようなことは何もしない。人々が出掛けることを望んでいるし、デートサービスを追究するよ、そうデートサービスはいいね。子どもがいるなら、それもいい。それこそがナイアンティックの中核であって、人々が屋外へ出て現実世界を探検するためにこの製品を提供している。そして、ゲーム内環境に変化を加えようとすれば、決して上手くはいかないだろう。そんなことを誰もしないさ。

イングレス2.0の機能を挙げることができるでしょうか。
回答
わからないな、私個人はスクリーンショットのほかに見たことがないんだ。

スクリーンショットはいつ公式に紹介されるようになるでしょうか。
回答
わからないな。

ロードマップが存在しないのですか。
回答
ロードマップは存在しているが、コミュニティマネージャーの立場ではそれがどうなっているかは知らないんだ。開発陣はそれにもとづいて取り組んでいるよ。ポケモンGOでも採用された1本指での回転機能は搭載されると開発陣から聞き及んでいる。インターフェイスの違いからクオリティ・オブ・ライフの変化は多々生じるだろうが、私は実際にプレイしてはいないからね、正確なところはわからないよ。

インベントリをアップグレードさせることはできるでしょうか。新たに二種類のアイテムが登場したものの、インベントリの上限に変わりはありません。
回答
別の提案もあったね。実際にフランクフルトで行われた提案だが、アノマリー用の特別なカプセルという提案で、参加登録者のみがこのカプセルを獲得できるというものさ。おっと、待ってくれよ!記録を取っているなら、改めて明確にしておこうか。これはフランクフルトでプレイヤーが提案したものだよ。アノマリー終了後には消滅するというものだった。アノマリー後には削除されて2000アイテムが上限となるものだね。

どのような新機能が要望されているかを検討されてきたのでしょうか。
回答
それは間違いなく行ってきたよ。

ウェブサイトを開設して、投票を行ってください。
回答
ああ、実際にフォームか何かで行うかということかい?それは悪くないね。

アノマリーに関して言えば、早期のルール発表がとても求められています。
回答
今回は早めに発表しよう。

いつ公表されるのでしょうか。ハンブルクからもこの質問が寄せられています。
回答
そうだね、はっきりとした日程ではないが、数週間後に発表されていなければ、本当に驚くことになるね。

新たなユーザーインターフェイスへ戻らせてください。ちょうど質問を目にしましたので。これは私自身からの質問ではありませんが、ユーザーインターフェイスのデザイナーが実際にグラフィカル・ユーザーインターフェイスを調整し、頻繁に利用されるクイックパスへと最適化が図られるでしょうか。例を挙げると、キャンセルボタンは左側へ表示されることもあれば、右側へ表示されるようなこともあるのでしょうか。
回答
我々には素晴らしいユーザー経験とユーザーインターフェイスのデザイナーがいるから、そういったことも行われると考えている。彼らには非常に優れた経歴があるからね。

メダルに関しても同様のことが行われるでしょうか。
回答
メダルの最善策に関しては多くの議論が交わされたよ。最終的にどうなるかはわからないが、再編成してより良い表示手法になるよう多くの検討を重ねているさ。

すべてのメダルデザインを同一にしてはどうでしょうか。
回答
どういう意味だろうか。

メダルデザインは年毎に異なって見えているのです。例を挙げると、アノマリーメダルには周囲に金縁のあるものもあれば、はっきりとした縁のあるものもあり、イージスノヴァ・メダルはビアラックス・メダルに比べて小さく見えてしまっています。
回答
それは良い提案だ。

ユーザーインターフェイスに関して、アクセシビリティの変更は計画されているでしょうか。例を挙げると、iOSにおける目の不自由な人々に対するスクリーンリーダーのようなものです。
回答
私にはわからないが、素晴らしい質問だね。

カプセルの名称変更やワイルドカードを用いた高度なキーフィルタリングといったユーザー機能の強化は行われるでしょうか。
回答
そうだね。私もそういった機能強化を求め続けているよ。

あとはハック・フィルター機能も欲しいですね!レベル6未満のバースターを私は必要としていないのです。

ポータルに関してどうでしょうか。言うなれば、ポケモンGOで実装されたような訪問したことがあるかキャプチャーしたことがあるかを示すサインは導入されるでしょうか。
回答
そうだね、そうだね!

かつてのように、MODを取り除いたり再設置したりできるようになる可能性はあるでしょうか。他のMODを削除するMODを考えているのですが、如何でしょうか。
回答
それはフランクフルトでも挙がったね。フランクフルトではMODのアップグレードについて要望があったよ。私もそれは良い提案だと思ったけど、MODを取り除くことに関しては知らないな。

多くのエージェントが実際に好む機能とは、製作システムのようなゲームプレイの拡張でしょう。そうすることで、エージェントは専門性を備えることができ、例えばモッダーとして専門化したエージェントは四基のMODを設置できるようになるのです。あるいはアタッカーとなれば攻撃力が10%から20%増加するようにします。スキルツリーも用意すれば...
回答
そういったことは多くの議論が重ねられたよ。アイデアのひとつには、左上隅に表示されるアバターシンボルを活用して何らかのメリットを付与するというものがあった。スキルは、そうだね、多くの議論を重ねたよ。最終的にどうなるかはわからないが、議論が交わされたのは確かなことだ。

リチャージャーを本当に悩ませている不具合があります。リチャージをしている際にエックスエムの収集が行われると、エックスエム・バーに1000XM以上があったとしても「エックスエムが不足している」との不具合が生じてしまうのです。
回答
伝えておこう。

ポケモンGOのような製品を更に計画しているでしょうか。
回答
はい!私に言えるのはそれだけだね。

当然のことですね。しかし、それは同一のコードベースなのでしょうか。そういったゲームのためにコードベースを開発するのでしょうか。
回答
我々には多くの人々がいるよ。ポケモンGOの成功で多くの企業が我々のもとを訪れ、ゲームを開発できるか訊ねてきたが、端的に言ってしまえば「はい」だ。

知的財産に関してですが、写真提供者のエージェント名をポケモンGOで表示させてください。多くの同僚がポケモンGOをしており、職場周辺ポータルの半数は私が申請したものですが、彼らはそのことを知らないのです。
回答
そうだね、良い提案だ。

開発陣は足りているのでしょうか。イングレスのゲーム開発以外にはどういったことをしているのでしょうか。
回答
私にはわからないな。エンジニアチームの優先事項次第だからね。ウェブサイトの仕事に空きがあることは知ってるよ。

米国外からでは敷居が高いですね。自宅で仕事できるチームでしょうか。
回答
そうだね。そこには非常に面白い事情があるんだ。

新たなレベル開放といった何かしらの計画はあるのでしょうか。
回答
その質問は非常に多いね。イングレス2.0実装の際には然程多くの新機能が実装されるとは思わない。バックエンドが安定し、フロントエンドが動作することに重きを置くだろうね。ベータ期間を設けるつもりではあるが、ご存知の通り、150人でするのと1000万人でするのとではわけが違うからね。

イングレスのプレイヤーが1000万人いるということでしょうか。
回答
いやいや、そうじゃない。一例として挙げただけだよ。

プレイヤー数をご存知なのでしょうか。
回答
いいや、知っていれば諸君に伝えてるさ。何も知らないね。そのデータを見てはいないんだ。

新たなレベルのレゾネーターやバースタ-、ポータルに関してはどうでしょうか。
回答
私が言おうとしていたことを改めて言うとしようか。全てが安定してから新機能に取り組み始めるよ。いま現在はレベル16やレベル15の諸君で大半を占めてしまっているからね、やるべきことも余りないんだ。そこでビアラックス・エクスプローラーやマグナス・ビルダーといったものを用意している。悪くないものだったようだからね、今後も続けていくよ。

キャンプ・ナヴァッロのようなイベントを今後も行ってくれれば、創作コミュニティは大いに喜ぶことでしょうね。
回答
その件に関しては多くの検討を重ねたよ。繰り返しとなってしまうが、イングレス1.0では行われない。すべてが安定して適切に動作すると判断できればのことだ。おそらくは年末までに公開されて、そこから2、3ヶ月といったところか。そうなれば、年初には新たな機能を実装できる。現時点では誰もがイングレス2.0でポータル・ハックできることに、イングレス2.0でリンク形成できることに注力しているんだ。レベル20やレベル25の導入に目を向けてはいない。まずは、イングレス1.0で実現できていたことを、イングレス2.0で実現できているかを確認していこうじゃないか。これは全く新しいゲームエンジンであり、全く新しいバックエンドなんだからね。

イングレス2.0の導入にあたってポケモンGOで得た教訓はあるのでしょうか。
回答
間違いなくあるね!

例えば、より多くの資金などでしょうか。
回答
率直に言うとだね、多くの人々がポケモンGOは成功するものとわかっていただろうが、ここまで早く成功を収めるとは誰にもわからないことだったろうね。我々は最悪のケースを想定してリスク分析を行っていたが、それはかつてないものとなったよ。公開直後の1か月で何億人もの人々がプレイしたゲームなんて初めてのことさ。

グーグル・サイバネティクスチームのブログ記事はもうご覧になったでしょうか。
回答
もちろんさ!改めて言うが、我々は他の製品から最善のケースと最悪のケースを分析した。プロキシをはずし、IPを確立し、精通することくらいはできよう。悪くない課題ではあったが、誰もが期待しているかといえばそうでもないと思っているよ。さて、そうだね、我々は手早く手筈を整えて修正するすべをわかっているよ。

イングレス2.0が導入されたときには、どのように考えてどのように取り組んだかを開発陣からブログ投稿してもらえるでしょうか。
回答
そうだね!

欠陥や不具合に関する報告を寄せる一種のパブリックシステムをお考えになったことはないでしょうか。イングレスには情報通信分野に携わる人々が数多くいて、「エックスエムが不足している」問題といった不具合報告を寄せる手段を数多くの人々が知っていますが、現時点ではナイアンティックへそういった報告をする手段がないのです。
回答
そうだね、素晴らしい指摘だ。

チケットシステムの問題点は、他人のメールアドレスを知ってさえいれば、代わりにチケットを利用できてしまうことです。
回答
ログインすることなしにチケットフォームで申請しても国家情報局作戦部隊は対応しないから、実際のところは問題とならないよ。そういう設計になってるんだ。

このような質問をしているのも、インドにおいてエンライテンド・プレイヤーの振りをして「私は不正行為をしていたことを認めます」とレジスタンス・プレイヤーが騙ったという問題があったためです。
回答
そのアカウントへは何の対処も成されていないよ。何らかの措置を講じるためには、アカウントがログインしていなければならないのだからね。したがって、匿名で「私は不正行為を犯しました」と何千回だろうと訴えることはできるが、何も起こりはしないね。

アノマリーに関してのことですが、ここミュンヘンでは具体の時間帯が明らかとなった際に苦い経験をしたことがあります。オクトーバーフェスト期間中だったわけです。私たちがアフターパーティを開催したかった場所はオクトーバーフェスト会場に隣接していて、「ここでは開催しないでください」と言われてしまったのです。大きなイベントが同時に開催される多くの都市でこういったことは起きているでしょう。世界規模の視野で考えねばならないことは重々承知していますが、ドイツでは事前に地元コミュニティへ連絡して確認をとってください。アンもそのことは理解してくれていますが、時として世界地図にダーツを投げたかのような都市が選定されてしまうことがあるのです。
回答
私もその手続きには携わっているからこそ言えることだが、最近になってそういった問題が起きたとは思わないよ。

ケルンには欧州最大のフォトフェアであるフォトキナがありましたが、ホテルは予約で埋まっていました。
回答
連絡を取り、様々な調査をしてイベントが開催されているか確認していっているよ。そういったことが起きたなら、何か見落としがあったということで、起こるべきでないことだが、時として開催都市の選定後に起きてしまうこともある。トロントで行われた心臓病学会などは開催都市選定後のことだったね。オクトーバーフェストは、はっきりとさせておかねばならないな。

2018年のアノマリーやイベントは既に計画されているのでしょうか。
回答
ハハハ、多分ね。

さあ、酔っぱらってもらいましょうか。イングレス最大の課題はコミュニケーションの不足にあります。今はナイアンティックや国家情報局作戦部隊、あるいはプレイヤーコミュニティの独白に過ぎないものに、周囲が嘆き悲しんでいるのです。将来的な改善の余地があると確信しています。
回答
過去6か月の歩みをご覧いただきたい。

改善されていっていますね。
回答
過去6か月でずっと良くなったさ。アノマリーでは、アイテムドロップすると15分後に消滅してしまうといった情報を事前に提供して諸君に知らせるようになったね。ただ発生を知らせるだけでなく、2、3日前には行われると伝えるようになった。そういったことや、物事を明確にすることや、売買されたアイテムをインベントリから取り除くといったことだ。また、そういった投稿に寄せられたフィードバックや質問にも回答している。したがって、過去6か月間で間違いなく改善が図られた。ほかにもレフリーグループやトラスト・レポーター、アンバサダープログラムで実現しようとしている物事もある。多くの改善が行われてきたのであり、諸君が「コミュニケーションに問題がある」と言うようなときは古き日々を思い返してのものなのだ。最近では、問題が修正なり解決なりされないといったことや、質問に回答されないといったことは思い当たらないね。そのほかにも過去6か月間で取り組んだことは本当に素晴らしいことだったと考えている。もっとも改善の余地がないと言っているわけではないよ。

いつもどおりですね。
回答
だが、まだあるよ。アンバサダープログラム、セカンドチャンス・プログラム、国家情報局作戦部隊によるより素晴らしいコミュニケーションがね。ナイアンティック・ヘルプのツイッターアカウント開設やポータルアピール・コミュニティの確認、実際に寄せられた質問への国家情報局作戦部隊からの回答といったことが行われてきたことは紛れもない事実だ。改善に大きく焦点が当てられてきたんだよ。

古くからのプレイヤーを継続的な努力と見てください。
回答
最近ブログに投稿したが、数多くイングレスの投稿をしているからね、どの件だったかは失念してしまったが、何かが起きそうだという情報と質問があればコメントを寄せてくれれば回答するというものだった。そのコメントに「実際にイングレスでは質疑応答が求められている」というものがあったよ。そうした試みは決して初めてのことではなかったのだが、そのエージェントが気づいたのはそれが初めてのことだったわけだ。だから、私はコミュニケーションの道筋を切り開くとともに、その存在を認識してもらうよう取り組まねばならないと考えているよ。私がレディットを閲覧していて、常々レディット上で質問に答えていることはご存知だろう。だが、その認知度は低く、実際に取り組んでいることというよりはむしろ認識されているかどうかの問題と捉えている。したがって、皆さんに理解してもらうには、むしろ認識を変化させねばならないわけだ。

レディット上で行われているあなたの投稿は、個人の意見なのでしょうか、あるいはナイアンティックとしてのものなのでしょうか。
回答
私見であると前置きすれば、それは私の意見だ。だが、一般的には公式なものとして返信しているよ。

グーグルプラスからフェイスブックへと場を移すのでしょうか。
回答
いやいや、そうじゃない。以前取り組んだことは、謎解き要素の一部をフェイスブックへ移そうというもので、双方をフォローしておかねばならないというものだった。フェイスブックにもイングレスを支持してくれている人々はいるからね。規模こそは大きくないが、確かに支持する人々がいるにも関わらず蔑ろにしているように感じていたんだ。そこでフェイスブック上にもいくつか情報を掲載しようと考えたんだ。公平性を考えて、今ではフェイスブック、グーグルプラス、インスタグラム、ツイッターへと情報提供の場を広げていっている。フェイスブックへ注力しているわけじゃないね。グーグルプラスの将来像に関する疑問へ答えるのであれば、そこにはルールがある。それはコミュニティ管理におけるソーシャルメディアの大原則ではあるが、支持者の使用していない、あるいは求めていないプラットフォームへ変更することを強要してはならないというものだ。したがって、フェイスブックにおけるコミュニティ機能がグーグルプラスと同等のものを得られない限り、移行を検討することはない。コミュニティ的な側面と機能はグーグルプラス上で根差しているが、フェイスブック上には存在していないということだ。

コミュニティに対するイベント招待をに関してグーグルプラスのマネージャーと話し合っているのでしょうか。それには全く腹立たしいものですよ。
回答
もう一度、言ってくれ。

イベント招待はサークルに対してのみ動作するもので、コミュニティに対するイベント招待機能はないのです。イングレスでは利用が低迷しており、通知が行われないことで減少傾向にあります。あるいすべてのコミュニティ・メンバーを追加する自動化されたサークルを提供してもらう必要があるでしょう。高機能なサークルがあれば、対処することはできますし、複数のコミュニティへ参加しているのであれば手動でサークル更新できるでしょう。これは質問ではありませんね。
回答
(書き留めている)

Boris Pirstinger (thepir8)
2017/07/07 07:15:53
Munich fireside chat with Andrew Krug

Munich was the last venue that +Andrew Krug​ visited on his europe tour. The transcript of the interview with questions (and answers) from both factions is attached to this posting.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WN6oUz-Fa4hmZj
Sux_GF-0BayRxmnz4wUlzUpdOH4qs/edit?usp=sharing

--- Ingress 2.0 ---
Q: So, is any kind of alpha or beta already running?
A: Beta should be out in a few month and the final product released by the end of the year.

Q: And you are only changing the frontend? So the backend stays the same?
A: No no no no. The backend and frontend will both change.

Q: And you stay on Google Container Engine?
A: I don't know.

Q: Just for your information: we are recording everything <more legal stuff, lots of laughter ...>
A: Let me show you some screenshots
*Andrew takes his mobile*

Q: From the code or from the UI?
*laughter*
A: From the UI
*fiddling with mobile*
A: So this is one screenshot... it looks veeeeery different

Q: So it uses more battery than the old Ingress?
A: I have no idea.

Q: But it is based on the Pokemon Code or is it completely refactored?
A: No. It uses the same backend that Pokemon Go uses. It's not the Pokemon Go backend, it's something that can be used on any game. And on the frontend that's Unity. I can't comment on battery, it's not done yet. Sorry.

Q: When talking about Ingress 2.0 there is a lot of concern that you will use Google SafetyNet to block out all the rooted and jailbroke mobiles.
A: That's a good question.

Q: This is a big concern from all communities...
A: I don't think it has to be a concern. It ... I'll say this, I am a huge proponent, a friend of open source development ... <non Ingress related stuff> ... and it would sadden me if we did that. I don't have the feeling that we will. But that's something within our right to do if it is deemed necessary.

--- Ingress API ---
Q: This brings me exactly to the next point: When talking about open development - I have a question from one of our agents: Will there be an open API to gather some information about portals?

A: There already kind is one ...
Q: But it's closed ...

A: It's based of the current backend which is going away so I would imagine once we get everything over and get working on Ingress 2.0 then it would come back up as a goal. Having an API is something John Hanke has been talking about for years. But right now, it wouldn't make sense to create something for the old system.

Q: Remember there are a lot of good coders in the community so when you open an API they will create wonderful things around Ingress
A: Absolutely!

Q: And of course when you open it for all your other products then it will flourish and ...
A: I totally agree! It's not in our best interest right now to do it on the Ingress 1.0 code because it's old and changing. An API has already started with the Tecthulu devices. The Tecthulu devices uses an API to get all the information about the portal status, levels of resonators and a whole bunch of information.

--- IITC ---
Q: Difficult question: What is your opinion on IITC?
A: I don't think you want me to answer that question. The world is not black and white and currently, I think everyone is happy with the way things are.

Q: Maybe *laughter* what about you personally, not as an Niantic employee?
A: If I answer personally or not, people will take it as law. So if I say "That's against the TOS" everything has to change and people have to banned. If I say "It's not" everything has to change still, documents have to be updated, and there will be a million more questions about plug-ins versus IITC the script its self. Where we are right now, people are pretty happy on both sides.
Q: Ok. Thank you.

Q: But from a different perspective, features from IITC were actually integrated into native Intel so I think in terms of developing vertical features I expect Google (?) to have an eye on IITC even if it's not an actual tool
A: We are very aware of IITC and all of it's capabilities. Yes.
*laughter*

Q: Why not make IITC official, hire the developer and you have an Intel that will...
A: part of the problem is that the original developer is no longer with the project anymore. So that creates a little bit of an issue for us.

Q: Ask him if he wants to work with you!
A: The other problem with it is if you do it for one then we know others will point to it and say "They made that one ok I can create my own!". For better or worse it is already happening right now. People are making modules and plugins for IITC that clearly break the TOS. I think it's better not to open that Pandora's box if we can't contain it. It would be wonderful to update the Ingress Intel map and have something that functions better. We all recognize that there is a lot of room for improvement. But I don't know that acquiring IITC is the long-term solution.

--- Guardian Badge ---
Q: Have you guys ever thought about disabling the Guardian or completely change its mechanism?
A: Yeah, there has been some conversation about that too. About what the best thing to do is.

Q: Because that causes a lot of trouble. In fact Ingress is the only game I know where other players are capable of denying a badge for another player and that is ..
A: That depends.

Q: Look at the people here *points to some players*
*everyone wants to talk, not clearly understandable ... *
A: Take an FPS, the whole point of an FPS (first person shooter) game is to deny the other person from winning.

Q: But all badges in that game can't be denied by another player
A: Yes ok. Not all. But most of them.

Q: I mean the difficulty is ... how to say ... not every player has the same prerequisites.
A: Sure

Q: And some use unfair techniques. I think this is actually a problem. I mean. Well. I think about it and I have no problem with collateral damage but I have been thinking actually whether a very low player or an LTP or not. And things like him ... people like him (points at another player) with 89 days it is a really a medal of honor.
*lot of voices from other agents*
Q: Like it have! I have 149 days since 4 f*cking years.
A: The problem is not necessarily the badge in my opinion. The problem is in fact there is information that people are able to exploit. To deny that ...

Q: Yes, and it is a cultural problem
A: So changing maybe what information is reported in terms of when the portals is captured or maybe not reporting the person's name... The root cause of the problem is in this automatic stuff cultivating of information. Not the badge itself.

Q: It is a social problem! A cultural problem It's a ...
A: It's not a cultural problem because it would not be a problem if the information did not exist to be exploited. If the people would have to figure all this information out on their own or not at all, there would be no problem. Everybody would have a 150.

Q: If someone has bots though.
A: There are a lot of ways around things currently. But I think there are ways that severely mitigate it. I do not know this is all just a discussion at this point.

Q: What you are saying now is against what you said before - Open API and everything because you cannot deny that information if you have open APIs and everything
A: That depends on the information we want to publish. What besides maybe scoreboards, what would be the benefit of knowing who captured what portal? How else would you use it?

Q: During field clearing ... if someone is outside (his normal area)... for example if a person normally plays in Hamburg is in ferrör, for example, all lights go up in the North sea ...
*lots of discussion*
A: But you could see the owner and deploy information by clicking on the portal and getting the detailed view. Maybe we just don't broadcast everything in comm. I don't know. Just an idea. We need to think about this more.

Q: Yes, but to a see a player in the middle in the night outside - what is he doing? - then you follow up this path.
A: Which is it though? You can't have it both ways. It's either advantageous to have the data or you do not want people to have it.

Q: Honestly - are you a developer, right?
A: No.
Q: ok
*laughter*
A: They never let me touch the code.
*laughter*
*more laughter*
Q: Okeeeeee :-) Nice.

Q: so don't give too much information, only ...
A: So what is your solution to it? Do you want us to publish that information or not?

Q: No, there is no solution to a ... *not understandable* information. I think you have to change the badge that is the only thing.

Q: For example, let's say: You have a cumulative statistic. It is the sum of all your portals you held for 10000 days then you get the black guardian medal.
A: There has been a lot of discussions about doing interesting things. One thing that came up from a previous meetup was a mod that you could apply that would keep information hidden about a portal for you know 5 days, or 3 days or maybe for 24h but that way nobody would get the data. No one would know when you captured it. These are just ideas. Not saying that they are in the game. That is what people brought up in Hamburg I think it was.

Q: As soon as it is green or blue people will just make it a target.
A: So you don't want us to publish the faction data either?

Q: That would come down to if you do not want the information if it's 150 days already.
A: I am very confused. Do you want the data published or do you not want the data published?
*laughter*
A: So you want the data published and you want the badge gone?

Q: Changed!

Q: This is a problem. The Guardian badge ...
A: Help me understand. How do you want it changed?

Q: The Guardian Badge ...
A: How?

Q: There are many ideas. The best idea was to accumulate things ...
A: Wait! Time out! I need to write these down. I bring a little notebook to write down all ideas.

Q: The idea we are following is accumulation. Accumulation of how many days ...

Q: One portal a day one point!
A: How?

Q: A portal 3 days counts 3 days. And as soon I get 1000 in total...
A: But how would that be different from now. Couldn't I deny you by just taking down all your portals if I am a cheater?

Q: If I go out and capture 10 portals and all get shot down at 80 days you get...50 points! No, you get 800! You get 800!
A: I see, I see.
*voices*
A: That's interesting!
A: That's why I wrote that down
*laughter*
A: So ... cumulative ...

Q: Just make the number high enough! 10000!
A: So you don't think there would be more cheaters that takes out the portal before 24h?
A: If I was a cheater I would just go nuclear. I would just take every portal you own out, every city, everywhere.

Q: Let's say it this way: Yes this maybe would be a problem that will be caused but it would be easy to protect. I would say it's almost impossible to deny a gamer a portal for at least 24h.
A: I don't think the current system supports that. We just had an issue in New Zealand where someone went in the middle of Christchurch and took out over 250 portals in several hours. They target specific players portal and took out all of their portals.

Q: yeah, I know ...
A: So that's a problem we have to solve. If I am a bad guy, here's what I do: It's actually make it easier for me. I just create bots, I just have them attack any portal that exists. I go after _everybody_. I deny _everyone's_ badge. I don't have to look for <agent name>. I just kill everybody's.
*laughter*

Q: The problem is you deny the whole game then.
A: Yeah, absolutely!

Q: I think they are two different problems. Bots are another problem!
A: Ohhh, bots are very much a problem.
*laugher*

Q: We won't be able to solve both the problems at once - bots and guardians.
A: That gets me back to my point: The current system is not ready for a solution where its cumulated. The current system won't be able to protect it. We are not there yet ... we do not have a machine learning scientist, we don't have these more advanced things in place to stop these people proactively.

Q: It is a social problem
A: Depends on the person.

Q: Yes!
Q: Yes!
Q: Yes, it depends on the person
Q: We have both types.
A: Yeah, like I'm saying: it depends on the person!

Q: You mention you remove the name from the information we get.
A: It is an idea.

Q: I think it is a bad idea
A: Ok
*laughter*

Q: Because what thats mean its impossible to see new people coming to town to say hello to them. So it would maybe break the communities, the friendships of the game.
A: That is an interesting aspect. Well it would be only the capture of the information. Let's break this discussion, I do not think there is an easy answer to it.

--- Contacting New Player ---
Q: Just for the community aspect: We here in Munich, in this side actually, Resistance is very strong and want we do is we have a few people to contact new players and try actively to pull them in the community ...

A: That's a different problem though because in that problem, we are relying on comms to make first contact and I think, we can all agree, that the comms and the onboarding process in general is pretty broken and needs to be improved. That's how it is and how it exists right now. I know, that they are completely changing the onboarding process for ingress 2.0. I don't know if we will have a new comms system right away. But that is very much a problem, getting people in communities, if we are relying on destruction messages and captured messages to reach out to people - that's really not the best way to go. We've been having a lot of conversations about how to get people into communities better and faster while having rely on that information because it's not really - I know it's the way how we're doing it now but it's not ideal.

--- Player Bans---
Q: What about the ban topic: Is there maybe a way like get 50 people with a founder badge to say that a person is not a cheater?
A: I don't know about the founder badge but it's interesting that you bring that up because we're in the process of creating what is called a "second chance program". So, it'll be a player - a group of players - and if you are banned and your appeal to NIA ops got denied or the ticket closed or I wasn't able to help and escalated than what we can do is, we can send it to this group of players because I truly believe that players know the community the best. They know if it's a cheaters bot-account, they know if it's - you know - you did something stupid and you admitted to it and so - what will happen is you appeal to this group of players and that players will do a little bit of an investigation and make recommendations to NIA ops whether or not the player should get a second chance to come back. So it's almost exactly like that. We will hopefully be rolling that out before the end of the year.

Q: So - until the end of the year, Ingress 2.0 will be released ?
A: That's what I've been told. But what we were talking about - the second chance program will be hopefully be out before that. I'd like to get out as soon as I can. I'm waiting on one thing to get cleared by our legal team - and then - anybody that gets banned - they go through a sort of a last chance - so the go through the appeals, they go through me, they go through Google+, they tag NIA Ops...

Q: ...do you plan to involve players before ?
A: Oh yeah the players will be part of it that is the goal. We also will have an ambassadors program too. That is something where we then can have a group of beta testers that know the product, people that if we wanted to bounce ideas off for anomaly rules or "hey, we can do this - what do you think ?" - so I plan to have an ambassadors program full of players, I plan to have the second chance program full of players , we already have the referee program, we have the trusted reporters , we have obviously OPR - so now the things what we are planning on doing ...

Q: ... so what's the referee program ?
A: Oh, that was during the shard games - it used to be the anti-cheating group. So during shard games and during anomalies when we saw that someone has spoofed down or a field get taken down or something like that ... people from a cross-faction group got together and said "yes, we need to reset that; yes, change that back" - so that's what I call the "referee program" - it's the same as the anti-cheat program.

Q: coming back to ban topic: Besides the many obvious spoofing accounts - I can't really understand, why people, which are playing a long time in their communities - why are they not getting more information about the ban reason?
A: That's a good question. I can tell you we had conversations with NIA ops and they're gonna be looking for ways to give more information to players. They have to find a balance between giving enough information that you know - the player knows what's going on and not enough information that a cheater will be able to figure out, how we're detected that they are cheating.

Q: Because, in the moment it seems like I absolutely understand that we have probably 99% cheaters and so you don't want to talk and discuss anything with them but if there is a strong community standing behind people and saying that this one is no cheater...
A: ... well there is two different things - so there is the information, that NIA ops provides ... and that communication can be better. And we're looking at it. And then there is the "I got all my friends in the community to say that I am a good player" and the reality is the person is not.

Q: If he is spoofing all the time, I can only say, I trust him but I don't know what he is doing at home...
A: that's exactly the point. You can say that when you are together, he is probably not spoofing but you don't know what he is doing at home, and so a lot of the times where we saw - I learned this very early on - I like to get people to benefit of the doubt. What happened was when a very famous player - I almost said where - but in the U.S. that got banned and the entire community came together and said "oh this is a good person, I trust him and everything...". One of the beautiful things about ingress is that it crosses so many boundaries and so many borders and so people have a bond with other people right away and that's beautiful and I hope, that never changes. The danger side of that is, when people start doing this google plus campaigns for somebody who get banned when the reality is, they were cheating. That makes it really hard for the players to trust NIA ops and NIA ops to trust the players and so, the amount of false positives that occur are soo small. It's not even - you said 99% - I bet it's probably close to 99,99% because what you don't see every single day the accounts that get banned...

Q: if it is a false positive, why does it take weeks with no discussion and no communication and nothing...
A: But that's your perception. What you don't see is the player and I having conversation, we are talking and me and NIA ops having conversations and talking...

Q: But why don't you publish it that you talk ?
A: because we can't , because in our TOS we have policy guidelines related to privacy. We can not talk about personal accounts and what's going on. He knows , that I am talking to NIA ops, he knows every going back and forth , because I am telling him this but I can not make that information public

Q: No it's just about, that you or NIA ops are in contact with him figuring it out. We don't want to have details
A: that's my point. I can't tell you that those private conversations are going on. He knows... In his post, he mentioned the fact, that he was having conversations with me - the problem was, that it didn't happen quick enough for him and he literally waited probably not a week - it would have been unbanned and I was trying to communicate this and say we need more time and we're trying to get response, I am trying to get a resolution. I understand, that players want things resolved right now but it doesn't always happen that way

Q: May I provide another good example ?
A: Sure

Q: If you look at Portal Recon: before, everyone was calling you portal monkeys without any respect, often with some hate because stupid things happened...
A: Just a little bit...

Q: ... and by opening up this process and showing how difficult this actually is in reality ... and by crowdsourcing this process showing the difficulties and so on and so on , things flipped completely 180 degrees
A: that's a bit of a different situation because with bans, we are dealing with private information and germany for example is very sensitive about what private information that we share.

--- OPR ---
Q: We have heard that there will be a badge for OPR...
A: Yes

Q: Do you have something planned that Players who are very good at OPR maybe can create new portals ?
A: Not specifically because of that they are good at OPR but we do plan on bringing back portal submissions in general

Q: Would that be like your second ... a program for special trusted players...?
A: No, I think they are gonna do it for everybody. They might probably start with L16 and then L15, L14 .... and the reason for that is - as we've seen with OPR, it doesn't matter if you are a veteran player or a new player: you can submit good portals and you can submit bad portals. So there is not really .... I mean, I think, maybe using OPR as a tool for giving people maybe beta access for submission is a good idea? I write that down but in general, there is not really beside OPR an identifiable way ... I mean, even veteran players are failing the test, because they are not doing ....

Q: Are there plans already to bring portal submissions back ?
A: Yeah, I don't know when, but absolutely. They wanna do that.

Q: ... also for Pokemon players... ?
A: I have no idea

Q: actually, I have the strong feeling, if people have done OPR, I think they will be better in portal submissions
A: I agree - I wrote that idea down

Q: Just based on OPR, I have a question: Do you plan, to make for example the title or description editable, because sometimes they are just typos or completely bullshit
A: Really ?

Q: I heard rumors about it
A: I am just kidding...

Q: There was a time, where portals which include "historic" were fasttracking in your system, so that's why are a lot of - let's say old buildings which are 100 always include the name "historic" ... "Historische Fassade" by KlausiBeimer is absolutely legend...But to get back to the point - also give the renaming portals in an anomaly playbox an option because - if you for example got five "Maria mit Kind" in a playbox, it makes it hard for the operators...
A: No - I agree.. we try actually before anomaly, we try to go through what's named duplicates and change that - automatically anyway ...

Q: okay
A: ... yeah, I don't think, that's happening a while. Fact, we got report for this anomaly of one of the cities already has already duplicate names - we actively are going through and trying to do that - if you see something, let me know. I mean, it slipped through. But it shouldn't be an issue anymore. That's on the title and description thing. I don't think, there has been a city that I have been to yet, that hasn't come up. Every time, I write it down and I send it off - so I know, that they are reading it and hope, it becomes a feature soon - so you are not alone in the wild to make that change..

--- Random Topics ---
Q: Will you stay the only community manager, or will you have a team of community managers ?
A: My goal is to have a team of regional community managers

Q: What is region for you ?
A: A region will be - Europe could be one region, ...

Q: Europe - one region ?
A: All of Europe - I handle the world by myself .... Maybe having North and South America , One - maybe two in Asia. Well we actually have two right now

Q: Do you have a timeframe for that ?
A: That's not up to me - I have made a request, so I have to wait to wait until I get that approvement ...

Q: How many employees do you have at Niantic
A: Oh gosh - I think, we are over 100 right now. Don't quote me. I don't know it exactly.

Q: Including the developers in india ?
A: That will include everybody. Because, we have a team in Asia, we have a team - we have Anne and Philip and one more person in Europe - so yeah

Q: Who is Philip ?
A: Don't worry about Philip. He is not an ingress player. He doesn't handle ingress event or anything like that. So you won't know - he serves another purpose - a business purpose

Q: Based on working together with the community - we've heard incidents of mission days where the local community has to check the amount of missions and then in Netherlands the waiting time was half an hour in the rain, other cities have similar issues, would it be possible for Niantic to somehow more automate this checking process
A: I hope so.

Q: Because I've heard many people, especially during anomaly situations, they need to catch the flight at for example 3pm and miss the registration which then leads to additional emails to Matti or Anne
A: Again, I have to go back to... Ingress 1.0 was really just a proof of concept, we've kind of added a lot of things to it that are good, but quite frankly not perfected and so I would imagine that we'll have a lot more flexibility with Ingress 2.0 and the new backend, there we'll be able to automate a lot of that stuff. It's just very very different

Q: Instances for Anomalies!
A: Yes! That's one of my favourite things! I will write that down again

Q: Just the players who are enlisted for the anomaly getting on the same server so bots and everybody else can just f..k off...
A: Well, so there's, it's a bit of a double edged sword there because somebody could register with a bot account. The benefit of it is that we will be able to kick them out and they will permanently not be able to come back. Whereas if we kick them out now, if they registered a new name... So we have the instance setup, the game's going on, somebody does something, we kick them out, the new account won't be able to come in. Whereas now, if we ban them, they can create a new account right away and affect us. So, I'm a big fan of that, it's been brought up a number of times. Something like, you know, opening up the instance a week beforehand so people could farm keys and doing that, but only for the people that registered. Yeah, I'll keep bringing that up

Q: Nice idea you came up with! Big problem is the key dropping at anomalies and you have your nice little sweeper and it helps but you can announce at for example the same time when the 'Whenever you drop a key, you get removed 500XM!'. Instead of recycling it and getting 500XM just remove 500XM, as a penalty
A: Interesting

Q: Maybe also remove AP from them
A: [laughing] Losing XM is interesting. We'll have to think about that

Q: You just mentioned Ingress 1.0 was a proof of concept. Does that status change with Ingress 2
A: Oh yeah, yeah! I think Ingress 1.0 proved that geolocation gaming, there's something to it because now we have Pokemon Go, it's a huge success, so without Ingress, you know, there would be no Pokemon Go

Q: I understand that Ingress was some kind of framework for other games and Ingress perhaps will remain being the playground?
A: Yeah, that part is true. Ingress will very much be sort of a sandbox to test things out because, well, frankly, we own it

Q: So we can expect future evolutions of the game itself?
A: Oh, absolutely! I don't think Ingress is going away for a very long time, a very long time

Q: That brings me to another question: For Niantic, what is Ingress now and what is Pokemon now and how are they related together?
A: Well, again, without Ingress there wouldn't be any Pokemon GO so we see the value. We see the value of having a product that allows us to develop this gamespace even more because we wouldn't want to do that necessarily with Pokemon Go, because Pokemon Go has an intellectual property owner, they have the Pokemon Company, they have Nintendo whereas we own Ingress. And because nobody is really doing what we're doing at the same level, same scale, globally, I think we owe it to the industry to try to push the bounds and see what exactly is acceptable, what's good, what's not and the only way to do this is with a product like Ingress

Q: And what is Ingress now for you because I mean Pokemon is basically your cash-cow probably?
A: There's always goals to make Ingress profitable.

Q: Is it profitable right now?
A: I have no idea

Q: The US currently has big problems with NL cards being sold out within 5 or 10 minutes, why do you restrict loadout cards or buying possibilities?
A: I don't know but I'll write it down and ask.

Q: it seems to me that Ingress like a diamond and I hope Niantic realises that Ingres is and doesn't try to make it into something purely profitable
A: No, we definitely realise what Ingress is. Ingress very much is - again, it's our ability to figure out what we can do in geolocation gaming. Because again, it doesn't exist anywhere else and so we know we have this great opportunity to make this great product that allows us to sort of push the boundaries and figure out what works and doesn't work. So no, you won't see XMPs for sale, if that's one of the things you are worried about. You won't see resonators for sale, that would totally destroy the point of Ingress. Forget the money side of things, that would totally destroy the point of Ingress

A: Go on getting your money from Pokemon and Keep Ingress like it is!
Q: I don't think you have to worry about that, I really don't. We won't be doing anything that will ruin the fundamentals of the game. We want people to go out, explore [the dating service], dating service, yeah. Having kids, yeah. You know, it's really core to who Niantic is, it's having this product that people go out and explore the real world. And if we were to do anything that would change the game economy, then that wouldn't be good. That's not who we are.

Q: Can you name a few features from Ingress 2.0
A: I don't know, I haven't seen it personally just besides those screenshots

Q: When will the first screenshots pop up officially?
A: I don't know

Q: There's no roadmap...
A: There is a roadmap, but as the community manager I don't really know what it is. The developers are working on it. They've told me that the one finger rotate, that Pokemon Go has, will be in there. There's going to be a number of quality of life changes because the interface is going to be different but I don't know exactly what those are because I haven't played it myself yet.

Q: Can we have some sort of inventory upgrade, we have two new items but the inventory space stays the same
A: That's another idea that keeps coming up. You know somebody brought up - Frankfurt actually - about the idea of having a special inventory capsule for anomalies. So only people that register will get this capsule [cheering] Oh no no no wait! Since you're recording this thing let me clarify that again: That was an idea a player had in Frankfurt. And then it would go away after the anomaly, you know, so any items you have in there after the anomaly they will get deleted unless you remove them and you would still be at that 2000 item limit.

Q: Have you ever thought of asking the players what new features they want....
A: Absolutely

Q: ....bring up a website, vote it up
A: Oh you mean like an actual form or something? Ahh, this is not a bad idea

Q: Talking about anomalies, rules earlier would be really really nice
A: You're going to get them earlier this time

Q: When will they be published? I get this question from Hamburg
A: Yeah yeah yeah... Umm, there isn't a date but I would be really shocked if they didn't come out in the next couple of weeks. Which will be a long time ahead before any other one.

Q: And coming back to the new UI, I just read the question, it isn't from me: Will the GUI be reworked by real UI designers and optimised for frequently used click paths? Sometimes you really have for example the cancel button is sometimes on the left, sometimes on the right
A: Yes. We have great UX and UI designers that we've hired so I have to imagine the'll be part of it. They've got a really good resume, so...

Q: The same thing goes for the badges
A: The badges there's been a lot of conversations on the best way to... I don't know what the final thing is going to be for that but we've had a lot of conversations about being able to reorganise, how to display that a lot better and so on

Q: What about making all the badges have the same design?
A: What do you mean?

Q:They look different from year to year, for example the anomaly badges, some have a golden circle around it, some have a clear circle which leads to the Aegis Nova badge looking smaller than the Via Lux badge
A: That's a good idea

Q: Regarding the UI, do you plan changes on accessibility? For example in IOS the screen reader that blind people use?
A: I don't know, that's a great question

Q: Will power user features be introduced such as capsule renaming or advanced key filtering with wildcards?
A: I hope so. I keep asking for it

Q: And hack filters! I don't want any burster lower than level 6

Q: What about those portal, let's say, signs you introduced in Pokemon if you ever visited or captured
A: Yeah yeah!

Q: Like ten years ago there was the possibility to remove mods, anything to bring that back? I was thinking maybe about a mod to remove another mod
A: That came up in Frankfurt. In Frankfurt somebody mentioned about being able to upgrade mods. I think that'd be good, I don't know about removing mods

Q: A big feature, one that a lot of agents would really like, is a kind of gameplay extension, for example like a crafting system. So you can specialise, agents can specialise for example as modder so they can deploy four mods. Or as an attacker so they have 10 or 20 percent more attack force. A skill tree...
A: There's been a lot of conversations about that, one of the things, one of the ideas was using the avatar symbol that you have in the upper lefthand corner and that giving you some sort of benefit of something, a skill, but yeah, we've talked about that a lot. I don't know what will be final but we've definitely talked about that.

Q: A bug that really annoys the rechargers: While you are recharging and you collect XM you get the bug 'Need more XM' although your XM bar is filled with at least 1000 XM

A: I'll bring that up

Q: Do you plan any more products like Pokemon Go?

A: Yes! That's all I can say.

Q: Understandable. But it is on the same codebase? So you develop one codebase for the games?

A: We had a lot of people when they saw this, when we had the success with Pokemon Go we had a lot of companies coming to us and asking if we could develop a game, so the short answer is yes.

Q: Talking about intellectual property - display the agent name, the Ingress agent name in Pokemon for the submitter of the photo? A lot of my work colleagues play Pokemon Go, I submitted 50 percent of the portals around my working place and they don't know

A: That's good, yeah

Q: Do you have enough developers? when working on other games than Ingress?

A: I have no idea. That's up to the engineering team, what their priorities are. I know that we have open jobs on the web site.

Q:It's hard for non-US people enlisting for that. Distributed team, working from home?

A: Yeah, there are very interesting legal things with that

Q: New levels? Is anything planned

A: I get that question a lot. I feel confident in saying that when we launch Ingress 2.0 there isn't probably going to be a lot of new features. We probably want to make sure that the backend is stable, the frontend works. We are going to have a beta period, but as everybody knows it's different to have say 10 million people playing a game than 150 people.

Q: Are there 10 million Ingress players?

A: Oh nonono, I'm just pulling that up as an example.

Q: Do you know the number?

A: No. If I knew I would tell you. I have no idea. I don't see that data.

Q:How about new levels for resonators, bursters, portals?

A: All that goes back to what I was going to say. Once everything has been stabilised, they'll start adding new features into it. Because we recognize that right now for Lvl 16s or even Lvl 15s the game is largely, well, there's not much to do. That is why we have things like the Via Lux Explorer, Magnus Builder and this sort of things. That's why those are cool and people like them. There will be more events like that coming.

Q: It would be cool for the DIY community if we could have more events like [Camp Navarro?]

A: We have talked about that a lot. Again, I don't think there will be any more for Ingress 1.0. My point was that once everything is stable and we recognize it's good, probably if it comes out by the end of the year then give it two or three months. So probably by the beginning of 2018 is when they'll probably start adding new features. Because everybody right now is really focused on making sure that you can hack a portal in Ingress 2.0, that you can make a link in Ingress 2.0. They are not really focused on "should we have Lvl 20 or 25". Let's first make sure that you can do in Ingress 2.0 what you can do in Ingress 1.0. It's a completely new game engine, a completely new backend.

Q: Do you have any lessons learned taken from the start of Pokemon Go for when you start Ingress 2.0?

A: Definitely.

Q: For example, more resources?

A: Well, to be honest with you, I think a lot of people knew that it would be successful, but no one knew it would be as successful as quick. We did do a worst case plan and we did risk analysis. But it's never happened before, there's never been a game that had, I don't know, how many hundreds of millions of people playing it in the first month.

Q: Did you see the blog post from the Google Cybernetics team?

A: Yeah. Again, we based it off other products, we did best case and worst case analysis and you can only base that off of proxies, and the success of the IP and the familiarity of it. It was a good problem to have but it was one that I don't think anybody would have expected it like that. So yes, we know how to quickly ramp things up and fix things.

Q: It would be good that after launch of Ingress 2.0 there was some sort of technical blog post of your engineers, how they see it and how they made it.

A: Yeah.

Q: Based on this, did you ever think about having a kind of public system where you can send fault or bug reports? Ingress is much more in the IT/nerd zone, a lot of people knowing how to send bug reports, for example the "not enough XM" shit. At the moment we don't have any possibility to send Niantic those problems.

A: Yeah that's a good point.

Q: What's the problem with the ticket submittal is if I know the other person's email address, I could submit a ticket for him.

A: It's not really a problem because NIA Ops won't take any action if you submit a ticket form without being logged in. That's the way the system is designed.

Q: I'm asking because there was an issue in India where resistance agents submitted "I admit to cheating" for an enlightened player

A: No action was taken on the account. In order for some action to be taken on this because the account has to be logged in. So you can [anonymously] submit "I was cheating" a thousand times. Nothing is going to happen.

Q: When it comes to anomalies, we especially here in Munich had a bad experience when finding the correct time frame. It was during Oktoberfest. We wanted to do the after party right here [venue next to Oktoberfest] and they said "please no don't do it here". We see this from a lot of cities where are other huge events are happening at the same time. We completely understand that you have to think globally. But talking with the local community before and checking... maybe for Germany, Anne could figure it out too... Sometimes the city choosing looks like you tossed some darts at a world map

A: I will say this, because I am part of that process. I don't think this has been an issue recently?

Q: It was in Cologne with photokina, the biggest photography fair in Europe. Hotels were booked out

A: I do know that we do reach out and we do a lot of research to see if any events are going on. So if that happened, somebody missed something. It shouldn't be the case. Sometimes these will happen after we pick it. So I know like in Toronto there was a cardiologist meeting or something, after we already decided it. Oktoberfest is something that should be clear instead.

Q: Do you already have plan for anomalies/events in 2018?

A: Haha, maaaybe.

Q: Let's get him drunk. One of the biggest challenges in Ingress we see is the communication, which lacks at the moment. So at the moment it looks more like a monologue from Niantic or NIA Ops and player communities crying and shouting all around. There is room for improvement in the future for sure.

A: If you look at what's changed in the last six months...

Q: It has improved.

A: The last six months have been a lot better. We put information out like, for anomalies, letting people know that if you drop items they are going to be going away in 15 minutes, and giving that information ahead of time. And not only saying it's going to happen and when, but doing it two or three days before. Things like that, things like clarification posts, things like we're going to remove items out of people's inventories that have bought them. And inviting feedback and answering questions in those threads, too. So the last six months we have definitely improved that. Also, all the programs that we have put in place with the referee groups, trusted reporters, what we're going to do with the ambassador program. There's been a lot of improvements so I think people, when they tend to say that [communication is bad] they think of the old days. I can't really think of an example in the recent memory where there was an issue that never got addressed or resolved or somebody's question didn't get answered or... besides some of these "#free EnlightenedPerson"/"#freeResistancePerson" type of things. Besides those, I truly think that what we've done in the last six months has been really, really, really good. That's not to say there's no room for improvement

Q: As always

A: But it is going to be coming. The ambassador program, the second chance program, better communication from NIA Ops. Just the fact that they started the Niantic Help Twitter accounts, they are back looking at the portal appeals community, they are actually commenting with the NIA Ops account replying to people. There's been a big focus on trying to improve that.

Q: It has been noticed that sometimes old players are [?], maybe see it as a continuous effort

A: There were a recent blog post that I made, so, I make a lot of the Ingress posts, I forgot what it was... It was an informational post saying that something was going to happen and if you have questions, please let us know in the comments and we'll try to answer them. One of the first comments was "Wow, Ingress is actually asking for comments and questions". It was not the first time we've done that but it was the first time that person noticed. So I think we need to a better job with opening those lines of communication and people realizing that it's there. People know that I'm on reddit and answer questions on reddit all the time. But it's not widely known so I think that it's more a perception issue than what's really occurring. So we just need a change in perception so that people understand.

Q: So the reddit posts from you, are they your opinion or Niantic's?

A: If it's ever say my opinion, I will say that it's my opinion. But generally, if it's a reply on there it's usually official.

Q: [move from G+ to facebook?]

A: No no no. What happened once was we wanted to take some of the elements of the puzzles and move that to facebook so you had to follow us in both places. Because there is an audience on facebook. It's small, but there is an audience there and we felt like we were ignoring them. So we wanted to put some information on there, too. And to be fair, we spread it across facebook, G+, Instagram and Twitter. We weren't just focusing on facebook. But to answer the question about the future of G+: There's a rule, it's one of the cardinal, main rules of social media in community management and that is you can't force your audience to go to a platform that they are not using and haven't asked for. And until there is parity with community features on facebook like what G+ has, I don't have any plans to shift it over. Because the community aspect and tools that there are on G+, they just don't exist on facebook. So for all of your communities, you will have to use Facebook groups and it doesn't provide the same information. Facebook is really about advertising and a lot more one way communication than having dialogue and two way communication with companies and pages. You have to post on the page in order for us to see it. If you tag us in a post, it does not necessarily mean that we're going to see it. It's just the way that facebook works while the privacy settings. Until things are more similar, I have no plan for just moving to only facebook. We have over four million followers on G+ and we only have a few hundred thousand on facebook.

Q: [community invites for events on G+] Talk with a G+ manager about the function to bring back event invites for communities? It's a pain in the ass.

A: say again?

Q: Events invites work only for circles and not for communities. For Ingress, it has really been a downturn and it has reduced the tendency to [?] because you don't the notification. Or they should provide automatic circles so that this circle contains all members of this community. Smart circles, then we can deal with it. Manually updating circles if you're in several communities... no question

A: [noted down]